Thursday, March 10, 2011

My new found friend: Coconut Oil!!!!

Have you ever heard of coconut oil? I had not until about a month ago and it has been one amazing find! It is a very heathy alternative to hydrogenated cooking oils such as canola and vegetable oils. I have been on a health food discovery journey, which I will talk more about in the coming post's, and coconut oil has been a handy companion to have join me! In my cooking I use it for cooking oil, and I also try to substitute it for recipes that call for shortening. Not only is it delicious ( I think it is at least, if you don't like the taste of coconut you can get the expeller pressed one that has no taste) but it also has many wonderful health benefits such as protecting against degenerative diseases such as cancer and heart disease as well as arthritis. It also can help you loose weight and improve your digestive system! You can learn more about its benefits here and here. I found it on Amazon under the "subscribe and save section" and got two bottles of Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for 11.75! Almost 6 dollars a bottle which you may think that is a alot! But with all you can do with it , it is actually a amazing deal!Not only do I use this glorious oil for cooking but I also make many hygiene products with it! Such as:


  • Tooth paste
  •  Lotion
  • Aftershave for my hubby
  • Diaper Cream
  • Leave in conditioner
  • Chap Stick
I will give the above recipes over the next few days!

Why not give Coconut Oil a try for yourself? :)

1 comment:

  1. You are one creative, resourceful, industrious lady, my dear Allison! Very helpful info......
    Dad

    ReplyDelete